For adults and children over 12 years old, the recommended Zyflo dosage for preventing asthma attacks is 600 mg four times a day. Zyflo should be taken at the same times each day to maintain even levels of the medicine in your blood. In order to help remember when to take the medication, you may want to try taking your Zyflo dosage with each meal and at bedtime.
The dose of Zyflo® (zileuton) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As always, do not adjust your Zyflo dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Zyflo Dosing for Asthma
The recommended Zyflo dose for adults and adolescents ages 12 and older is Zyflo 600 mg four times a day. A good way to remember when to take your daily dosage is to take the drug with each meal and at bedtime.
Following are some considerations for people taking Zyflo:
- Zyflo comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth four times a day.
- The medication can be taken with or without food. If Zyflo bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Zyflo should be taken at the same times each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For Zyflo to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The drug will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Zyflo dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.