Zyflo CR Side Effects
Sinus infections, a sore throat, and nausea are among the common side effects of Zyflo CR. Side effects that occur less often (in less than 1 percent of people) include diarrhea, indigestion, and vomiting. Although most side effects of Zyflo CR are minor, some may require immediate medical attention. Contact your healthcare provider right away if your asthma symptoms are getting worse or if you notice signs of an allergic reaction or liver damage.
Zyflo CR Side Effects: An IntroductionAs with any medicine, there are possible side effects with Zyflo CR™ (zileuton CR). However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. When side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Zyflo CR. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of side effects with you.)
Common Zyflo CR Side EffectsZyflo CR has been thoroughly studied in clinical trials in which the side effects of a group of people taking the drug are documented. In these studies, the most common Zyflo CR side effects included:
- Sinus infections -- in up to 6.5 percent of people
- Nausea -- up to 5 percent
- A sore throat -- up to 5 percent.
Zyflo CR Side Effects to ReportThere are a number of possible side effects with Zyflo CR that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider, including, but not limited to:
- Asthma symptoms that are getting worse
- Signs of liver damage, such as yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin, dark urine, or upper abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including an unexplained rash, hives, itching, and unexplained swelling.