Vospire ER Dosage
For adults and children over the age of 12, the starting Vospire ER dosage is 8 mg twice daily. For children ages 6 to 12, the recommended starting dose is 4 mg twice a day. If your asthma symptoms aren't controlled with the suggested starting dosage, your healthcare provider may increase your daily dose up to 16 mg twice daily (or 12 mg twice daily for young children). A few of the factors that can affect Vospire ER dosing include your age, other drugs you may be taking, and the severity of your asthma or other respiratory problems.
The dose of Vospire ER® (albuterol tablets) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- The severity of your asthma or other respiratory problems
- Other medications you may be taking.
As always, do not adjust your Vospire ER dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Vospire ER Dosing for Children
For children (age 6 years to 12 years), the recommended starting Vospire ER dose for asthma is 4 mg twice daily. If needed to control asthma symptoms, your child's healthcare provider can increase the dose up to Vospire ER 12 mg twice daily.
Vospire ER Dosing for Older Children and Adults
For adults and children over the age of 12, the recommended starting Vospire ER dose for asthma is 8 mg twice daily (although some people may only need Vospire ER 4 mg twice daily). If needed to control your asthma symptoms, your healthcare provider can increase the dose up to Vospire ER 16 mg twice daily.
Some considerations for people taking Vospire ER include:
- If Vospire ER is not adequately controlling an asthma attack, seek medical attention immediately, as this may be an emergency situation.
- Vospire ER comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth, usually twice a day.
- It does not matter if you take Vospire ER with or without food.
- Vospire ER tablets are extended release and should not be broken, chewed, or crushed. Be sure to swallow the tablets whole.
- Vospire ER should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Vospire ER will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Vospire ER dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.