Ventolin Warnings and Precautions
There are a number of warnings and precautions for Ventolin to be aware of, such as the potential danger of taking the medication while pregnant and the possibility that the drug may make certain conditions (such as diabetes, epilepsy, or an overactive thyroid) worse in some people. Prior to taking Ventolin, you should tell your healthcare provider if you have high blood pressure, heart disease, or diabetes, among other conditions. Make sure to talk with your healthcare provider about the Ventolin warnings and precautions that may apply to you.
Ventolin: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Ventolin HFA® (albuterol inhaler) if you have:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Other types of heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
You should also make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.