Potentially Dangerous Problems With Symbicort
Some side effects with Symbicort, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Worsening breathing problems
- Irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Very fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High blood sugar
- Agitation, aggression, anxiety, or restlessness
- Frequent or severe infection of any type
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- Unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
You may experience some or none of the Symbicort side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of Symbicort, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.