What Can I Expect With Proventil?
The dose of Proventil your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Whether you use Proventil to treat or prevent asthma attacks
- The severity of your asthma or other respiratory problems
- Other medications you may be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Proventil Dosage for more information.)
As with any medicine, side effects can occur with Proventil. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Proventil include but are not limited to:
- Shakiness (tremor)
- Fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (heart palpitations)
(Click Proventil Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report to your healthcare provider.)
Proventil can potentially interact with several other medicines (see Proventil Drug Interactions for more information).