Important Info on Proventil HFA
Interested in a Discount on Proventil HFA?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Proventil HFA if you have:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Other types of heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Proventil HFA and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Proventil HFA and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Proventil HFA Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
People who take too much Proventil HFA may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Chest pain (angina)
- High blood pressure (hypertension) or low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- Shakiness (tremor)
- Dry mouth
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (heart palpitations)
- Irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Low potassium in the blood (hypokalemia)
- Cardiac arrest
- Loss of life.
If you happen to overdose on this, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Proventil HFA Overdose for more information.)