Proair HFA Warnings and Precautions
Some Proair HFA warnings and precautions to be aware of include potential drug interactions, the possible risks associated with using Proair HFA during pregnancy, and the safety of taking the medicine if you have an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism), diabetes, or epilepsy. Besides the conditions mentioned above, there are a number of other conditions you should tell your healthcare provider about prior to taking Proair HFA, such as high blood pressure (hypertension) or a fast heart rate (tachycardia). Among the people who should not take Proair HFA are those who are allergic to the drug or its inactive ingredients.
Proair HFA: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Proair HFA® (albuterol inhaler) if you have:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Other types of heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
You should also make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.