Safety Information With Metaproterenol
Dosing With MetaproterenolThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The severity of your asthma or other respiratory problems
- Other medications you may be taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Metaproterenol Dosing for more information.)
(Click Drug Interactions With Metaproterenol for more information.)
Overdose With MetaproterenolPeople who take too much metaproterenol may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Chest pain (angina)
- High blood pressure (hypertension) or low blood pressure (hypotension)
- A fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- Shakiness (tremors)
- Dry mouth
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (heart palpitations)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Low potassium in the blood (hypokalemia)
- Cardiac arrest
- Loss of life.
If you happen to overdose on this medication, seek medical attention immediately.
(Click Alupent Overdose for more information.)