Asthma Home > Important Xolair Instructions
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, there are possible side effects with Xolair. However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it well. When side effects do occur, in most cases they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Injection site reactions (such as redness or pain near the injection site)
- Joint pain
- Body pain.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Plans to travel to an area with a high risk for parasitic infections
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Xolair and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Xolair and Breastfeeding).