Asthma Home > General Information on Xolair
EffectsIn previous clinical studies, people taking Xolair had fewer asthma symptoms, compared to those not taking it. Xolair also reduced the number of asthma exacerbations, helping to prevent severe asthma attacks.
When and How to Take XolairSome general considerations for when and how to take the medication include:
- Xolair is a medication that is injected just under the skin. Generally, your healthcare provider will administer the injections.
- The injection is given every two to four weeks.
- Because some people have allergic reactions to Xolair, your healthcare provider may want to watch you for a while after you receive your injection.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
DosingThe dose of Xolair your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your weight
- The condition being treated
- The results of a lab test measuring your IgE level.
As with any medication, do not adjust your Xolair dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.