Asthma Home > Safety Information on Symbicort
- The medical condition being treated
- The severity of your breathing problems
- Other medications (including COPD or asthma medications) you may be taking.
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Symbicort. However, not everyone who takes it will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate the drug quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Sore throat and irritated or runny nose
- Upper respiratory tract infection (such as the common cold)
- Throat pain.