Asthma Home > Salmeterol Reactions to Watch For
There are a number of side effects with salmeterol that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Worsening breathing problems
- Irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmias)
- A very fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High blood sugar
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including unexplained rash, hives, itching, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing.
It is possible that you may experience some or none of the salmeterol side effects explained above. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects, or something that "just does not seem right," during treatment with salmeterol. While it may not be a side effect of salmeterol, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.