Asthma Home > Dangerous and Rare Problems With Proair HFA
Proair HFA Side Effects to ReportThere are a number of possible side effects with Proair HFA that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider. These side effects include but are not limited to:
- Breathing problems that are getting worse
- Irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmias)
- A very fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including an unexplained rash, hives, itching, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Less Common Proair HFA Side EffectsThere are other possible Proair HFA side effects that occur less frequently. These Proair HFA side effects occur in less than 3 percent of people who take the medicine. It is difficult to tell whether these side effects are actually caused by Proair HFA or other factors.
Some of these less common Proair HFA side effects include:
- Tongue inflammation or irritation
- Accidental injury
- Ear pain
- Urinary tract infections (bladder infections).