Asthma Home > Safety Information With Metaproterenol
Dosing With MetaproterenolThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The severity of your asthma or other respiratory problems
- Other medications you may be taking.
Overdose With MetaproterenolPeople who take too much metaproterenol may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Chest pain (angina)
- High blood pressure (hypertension) or low blood pressure (hypotension)
- A fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- Shakiness (tremors)
- Dry mouth
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (heart palpitations)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Low potassium in the blood (hypokalemia)
- Cardiac arrest
- Loss of life.