Asthma Home > What Can I Expect With Metaproterenol?
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (heart palpitations).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking It?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking metaproterenol if you have:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Other types of heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Alupent and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Alupent and Breastfeeding).