Asthma Home > Maxair Warnings and Precautions
There are many Maxair warnings and precautions to be aware of. For example, some people who take Maxair may experience a worsening of bronchospasms (spasms of the airways). Also, Maxair can potentially interact with certain other medicines, and it may not be safe for use during pregnancy. Lastly, Maxair is not suitable for everyone; you should not use the Maxair inhaler if you are allergic to Maxair or any inactive components used to make Maxair.
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Other types of heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant