Asthma Home > Brethine Dosage
The recommended Brethine dosage for adults and teenagers at least 16 years old is 5 mg three times daily. Adolescents ages 12 to 15 typically take a daily dose of 2.5 mg three times a day. Among the factors that can affect Brethine dosing are your age, other medical conditions you may have, and other drugs you may be taking.
The dose of Brethine® (terbutaline sulfate) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As always, do not adjust your Brethine dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Brethine Dosing for Asthma or Emphysema
The recommended Brethine dose for adults and adolescents ages 16 and older is 5 mg three times a day. For adolescents ages 12 to 15, the recommended dose of Brethine is 2.5 mg three times daily.
Following are some considerations for people taking Brethine:
- Brethine comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth three times a day.
- The medication can be taken with or without food. If Brethine bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Brethine should be taken at the same times each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For the medicine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Brethine will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Brethine dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.