Asthma Home > Serious Problems With Albuterol
Albuterol Side Effects to ReportSome side effects with albuterol are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Worsening breathing problems
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- A very fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
You may experience some or none of the side effects explained in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking albuterol. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be an albuterol side effects, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.