Asthma Home > What to Tell the Doctor Prescribing Albuterol
Drug InteractionsAlbuterol can potentially interact with several other medicines (see Albuterol Drug Interactions for more information).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking It?Talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking albuterol if you have:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Other types of heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Albuterol and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Albuterol and Breastfeeding).