Asthma Home > Detailed Guidelines for Albuterol
General Albuterol Dosage InformationSome considerations for people taking albuterol include:
- Some people take albuterol on a regular basis (to prevent asthma attacks), while others take it only when they need it.
- In general, albuterol should not be taken more often than every four hours. Let your healthcare provider know if you need to use albuterol more frequently than prescribed, as this may be a sign that your asthma is getting worse.
- Make sure you know exactly how to take your albuterol. Albuterol inhalers and nebulizers may be difficult to use at first.
- For albuterol to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Albuterol will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to albuterol or your albuterol dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.