Asthma Home > Instructions on Taking Albuterol Tablets
- Albuterol tablets are taken by mouth. The short-acting albuterol tablets are usually taken three or four times per day, while extended-release albuterol tablets are usually taken twice daily.
- Extended-release albuterol tablets should not be chewed, broken, or crushed. Be sure to swallow extended-release albuterol tablets whole.
- It does not matter if you take albuterol tablets with or without food.
- Albuterol tablets should be taken at the same times each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For albuterol tablets to work properly, they must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
- Whether you are taking short-acting or long-acting albuterol tablets
- Your age
- The severity of your asthma or other respiratory problems
- Other medications you may be taking.