Asthma Home > Albuterol Tablet Warnings and Precautions
There are many albuterol tablet warnings and precautions to be aware of, including possible drug interactions, the safety of taking albuterol tablets while pregnant, and people who should not take the drug. There are also a number of side effects that can potentially occur with the use of albuterol tablets, including increased liver enzymes and blood sugar levels, high or low blood pressure, and worsened airway spasms. To reduce the chances of drug interactions, you should let your healthcare provider know (prior to taking albuterol tablets) about all other drugs you may be taking.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking albuterol tablets if you have:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Other types of heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
You should also make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you may be taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.