Serious Side Effects of Formoterol
Some side effects with formoterol
, while not as common, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Breathing problems that are becoming worse
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- A very fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High blood sugar
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Side Effects of Formoterol: Final Thoughts
You may experience some or none of the side effects of formorterol listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of formoterol, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.