Safety Information on Formoterol
Dosing Information for FormoterolThe dose of formoterol that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on whether you take formoterol on a regular basis or if you only take it when needed to prevent exercise-induced asthma.
As is always the case, do not adjust your formoterol dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Formoterol Dosing for more information.)
Drug InteractionsFormoterol can potentially interact with several other medicines (see Drug Interactions With Formoterol).
What If I Take an Overdose of Formoterol?People who take too much formoterol may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Chest pain (angina)
- High blood pressure (hypertension) or low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Shakiness (tremors)
- Dry mouth
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (heart palpitations)
- Insomnia or fatigue
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia) or a fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- Low potassium in the blood (hypokalemia)
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
- Cardiac arrest
- Loss of life.
If you happen to overdose on formoterol, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Foradil Overdose for more information.)