How Dulera Works and Results of Clinical Trials
Interested in a Discount on Dulera?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
In clinical studies, Dulera was shown to improve breathing in people age 12 to 84 years old who had asthma that was not well controlled on other asthma medications. In these studies, Dulera also reduced the chance of waking up at night due to asthma symptoms.
In one study, fewer people who received Dulera experienced worsening of their asthma when compared to people who received only mometasone, one of the ingredients in Dulera.
Some general considerations for when and how to take Dulera include the following:
- Dulera is inhaled into the lungs, usually twice a day.
- The Dulera canister should only be used with the Dulera inhaler device.
- It is important to learn exactly how to use your Dulera inhaler. It may be difficult at first and may require some practice. Read the medication guide that comes with your inhaler, and talk to your healthcare provider if you have any questions.
- Each Dulera canister must be primed before the very first use by spraying it four times into the air, away from the face. Shake well before each spray.
- Dulera is used to control asthma or prevent asthma symptoms. It is not used to treat asthma attacks once they start. You should use a rescue inhaler to relieve sudden asthma symptoms that occur in between your Dulera doses.
- Make sure you know the difference between Dulera and your other asthma inhalers, including the difference in how they look and how they are used.
- Rinse your mouth with water and spit after each dose of Dulera in order to prevent a yeast infection in your mouth and throat (thrush).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.