A healthcare provider will consider several factors before recommending a specific Dulera dosage. Some of these factors include the severity of your asthma and other medications you are taking. In general, the standard dose for controlling asthma and preventing asthma symptoms is two puffs of Dulera twice a day. Rinse your mouth out with water after each dose to prevent a yeast infection in your mouth.
An Introduction to Dosing With DuleraThe dosage of Dulera® (mometasone/formoterol) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The severity of your asthma
- Other medications you are taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Dulera Dosage for AsthmaThe standard dose used to control asthma and prevent asthma symptoms is two puffs of Dulera twice a day -- once in the morning and once in the evening.
General Information on Taking DuleraSome considerations for people taking Dulera include the following:
- Dulera is inhaled into the lungs, usually twice a day.
- The Dulera canister should only be used with the Dulera inhaler device.
- It is important to learn exactly how to use your Dulera inhaler. It may be difficult at first and may require some practice. Read the medication guide that comes with your inhaler, and be sure to talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist if you have any questions or need help.
- Each Dulera canister must be primed before the very first use by spraying it four times into the air, away from the face. Shake the canister well before each spray.
- Dulera is used to control asthma or prevent asthma symptoms. It is not used to treat asthma attacks once they start. You should use a rescue inhaler to relieve sudden asthma symptoms that occur in between your Dulera doses.
- Make sure you know the difference between Dulera and your other asthma inhalers, including the difference in how they look and how they are used.
- Rinse your mouth with water and spit after each dose of Dulera in order to prevent a yeast infection in your mouth and throat (thrush).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Dulera dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.