Safety Concerns With Brethine and Treatment Tips
Interested in a Discount on Brethine?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Following are some general considerations for when and how to take Brethine:
- The medication comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth three times a day.
- It can be taken with or without food. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Brethine should be taken at the same times each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
The dose of Brethine that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Brethine Dosage for more information.)
As with any medicine, there are possible side effects with Brethine. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it well. When side effects do occur, in most cases they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Brethine include, but are not limited to:
- Shakiness (tremors)
(Click Brethine Side Effects to learn about specific side effects of the drug, including some of the more serious side effects that you should report to your healthcare provider.)