Serious Side Effects
Some side effects with Alvesco
are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. Although generally rare, some of these adverse reactions may be fairly common. These include but are not limited to:
- White patches in the mouth (thrush)
- Frequent or severe infections
- Signs and symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (a condition in which your body does not produce enough natural steroids), such as:
- Muscle weakness
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Weak bones (either found using a bone scan or through easily broken bones)
- Worsening of asthma symptoms
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
You may experience some or none of the Alvesco side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to Alvesco, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.