Important Instructions on Albuterol
- Chest pain (angina)
- High blood pressure (hypertension) or low blood pressure (hypotension)
- A fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- Shakiness (tremors)
- Dry mouth
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (heart palpitations)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Low potassium in the blood (hypokalemia)
- Cardiac arrest
- Loss of life.
If you happen to take too much, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Albuterol Overdose for more information.)
How Should Albuterol Be Stored?Albuterol should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Keep this and all medications out of the reach of children.
What If I Miss a Dose of Albuterol?While some people only take the medication when they need it, others take it on a regular basis. If you do not take your albuterol as scheduled, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose.