Advair Warnings and Precautions
There are many important Advair warnings and precautions to be aware of. For example, Advair can have a stimulatory effect on the heart and blood pressure, and it can also suppress the immune system in some people. There are some people who should use Advair with caution (such as those who have heart disease or high blood pressure), as well as certain people who shouldn't take Advair at all (such as those who are allergic to Advair or its inactive components). Finally, Advair may not be safe to take during pregnancy.
Advair: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Advair® (fluticasone and salmeterol) if you have:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Other types of heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Not had chickenpox or the measles (or have not been vaccinated against them)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food (especially milk), dyes, or preservatives.
Also let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
You should also make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.