Potentially Dangerous and Rare Problems With Advair
Advair Side Effects to ReportThere are a number of side effects with Advair that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider. These side effects include but not limited to:
- Breathing problems that are becoming worse
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- A very fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High blood sugar
- Agitation, aggression, anxiety, or restlessness
- Eye problems, including glaucoma or cataracts
- A frequent or severe infection of any type
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including an unexplained rash, hives, itching, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Less Common Advair Side EffectsThere are some other Advair side effects that occur less frequently. These Advair side effects occur in 1 percent to 3 percent of people. It is difficult to tell whether these side effects are actually caused by the Advair medicine or factors unrelated to the medication.
Some of these less common Advair side effects include:
- A runny nose
- Conjunctivitis ("pink eye")
- Tooth pain
- Joint pain or arthritis
- Shakiness (tremors)
- Sleeping problems
- Increased sweating
- An underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)
- A vaginal yeast infection
- An irregular menstrual cycle.